Sunday, August 16, 2009

Not I, but Christ

I came across this as I was reading a devotional today. This made me stop and think about who I am...and really, who I am not. Thought I'd share it with you. It's quoting C.H. Spurgeon.

Blue Letter Bible - Devotionals: "'Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name.' — Psalm 29:2
God's glory is the result of His nature and acts. He is glorious in His character, for there is such a store of everything that is holy, and good, and lovely in God, that He must be glorious. The actions which flow from His character are also glorious; but while He intends that they should manifest to His creatures His goodness, and mercy, and justice, He is equally concerned that the glory associated with them should be given only to Himself. Nor is there aught in ourselves in which we may glory; for who maketh us to differ from another? And what have we that we did not receive from the God of all grace? Then how careful ought we to be to walk humbly before the Lord! The moment we glorify ourselves, since there is room for one glory only in the universe, we set ourselves up as rivals to the Most High."

I have been looking for a good system to use for my daily devotions. Something that will help me be consistent. I find that when I have a plan it is much easier to be faithful in my Bible reading, but when there is no plan I don't seem to make time for the most important 'conversation' of my day. I want to do better. I NEED to do better. I have a desire to know God more and have found a great 'system' to help me. If you're looking for a good plan, check out www.BlueLetterBible.com. It has been a great tool for me.

No comments: