Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More from PipSqueaks


Finished another apron after a small fight with my sewing machine. (I won, by the way!) I don't know why, but everytime I run out of bobbin thread the machine wants to refuse to work appropriately. I gave up yesterday after it happened - I just needed to walk away. ha Then, today when I woke up to yet another rainy day, I decided to try again. Took about 30 minutes and some mechanical work, but I fixed it. I was so glad to finish the apron and then made two more products for my etsy shop. A portable changing pad/diaper clutch combo and a matching lap pad. Pics will be on tomorrow, hopefully.

This weekend should be a busy one around here for the miter saw and the nail gun. Hubs is planning to finish replacing the trim around the windows and interior doors and possibly get back to work on finishing the crown moulding. Last weekend was very unproductive because of a 6 yr old's birthday party, Hubs having to work some and Sunday being church. So, we're a week behind schedule. Yes, I said schedule. I've put a deadline on ourselves. =] It gives us something to shoot for. We hope to have all the woodwork done this month so we can start painting first thing in November. All of that needs to be done by Thanksgiving because our new couch should be coming around then and I would like to be able to decorate for Christmas right after Thanksgiving. I'm tired just thinking about it. I just want it all done. I really dread having dust all over the downstairs from having to sand the fireplace surround and all the crown moulding, but the end result will be happy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go stock up on Pledge.

No comments: