Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Want-To-Do List

Forget the To-Do List for a moment, I made myself a 'Want-T0-Do List'. I got my new Better Homes and Gardens issue yesterday and can't get enough of it. The rust has fallen off my creative wheels that have somehow started turning lately. I just can't stop. All I can think about is 'What can I make next?', 'Wonder what I can make out of these curtains I just took down from my sliding door?' (after I wash them, of course), 'What else can I sew fuzzy ball trim to?'.... Even at 4:41am when I hear my child get up to go potty, my brain starts thinking of all the things I have in my idea file that I want to make or do. Is this some kind of disorder?? Should I eat more chocolate? Maybe that would help. Or maybe I've been eating too much chocolate. That's probably more like it. Anyway, here are a few items on my Want-To-Do List...
  1. Make Pumpkin Soup and actually eat it. It looks so good in the magazine.
  2. Make new stockings for the fam.
  3. Come up with some new allergy-free recipes that the whole fam will enjoy.
  4. Load up my etsy shop with lots of goodies that people will love - and BUY!
  5. Re-decorate my mantle - and pretend like it looks nice and painted as I'm sure it will look in a few weeks or so.
  6. Paint Maggie's desk.
  7. Burn my current couch. (ha!) or maybe just give it away and order a new one. Anyone want a nice blue couch with torn cushion covers? It's a sturdy couch and the only problems with it are the torn seat cushion covers, the misshaped back cushions and the multitude of toys lost in the crevices of the couch. You could reshape the back cushions or just make 5 or 6 big loose cushions for the back, recover the seat cushions and throw a slipcover over the rest of it. It would look like new! Any takers?
  8. Come up with 10-14 new meals that I can rotate for the fam...keeping budget and nutrition in mind.
  9. There are more on my list, but I'm too cold to get up and go get it. And I'm too scared - we're watching a suspense movie and now I won't be able to go upstairs by myself and I'll have to check under my bed and make sure the closet door is closed before I go to sleep. Oh - and keep my hands and feet inside the covers.

So, what's on your Want-To-Do List?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great post! My mind is waaay too occupied with my MUST GET DONE before Thanksgiving list but here goes.

1. Reintroduce myself to the sewing machine. I was given a very nice one and I'd love to make curtains but it's been a very long time since I have sewn anything. Maybe you have inspired me...but I'm still nervous!

2. Lose 5 lbs. before Thanksgiving - just in time to gain it back;).

3. Cull through the ever growing stash of toys. Didn't I just do that?!

4. Frame and hang several photos.

5. Go to more thrift stores and yard sales. I went to one last year:(.

6. That's all that I can think of. Online Christmas shopping has fried my brain! ;)