Thursday, November 5, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk...

Hi. My name is Mommy and I get some great ideas from other people. Most of them I don't even know. I am still on my sewing kick. This is the longest-running sewing kick I've ever been on and I am actually enjoying myself. Yesterday I copied one of my favorite most practical gifts ever! My aunt L. gave me a cool flip flop for Christmas a couple years ago. It was something she had found while on a trip to Hawaii. I knew this immediately from the Hawaiian pattern on the flip flop and the name 'Kauai' sewn on the top. (I must say I have a keen eye for the obvious....well, sometimes I do.) Anyway, when I saw it I was like, "Oh. How cute! Shouldn't there be two of these?" After laughing her signature laugh she told me it was a Drop It and Mop It. THEN, it made sense. You throw it on the floor (or gently lay it depending on your personality and the nature of the spill) and mop up those pesky spills. I use mine every single day. I just leave it out next to my dishwasher and when I need it, I slip my foot in it and mop away those spills. It is washable and dryable and voila! It's ready to use again. SO, I copied it yesterday and am fighting the urge to keep this new one, but I can always make a new one for myself. I'm thinking this would be a terrific stocking stuffer for someone on your Christmas list. hint hint. I can do a variety of patterned fabrics. So, without further ado....

Say 'Hello, Where have you been all my life?' to the Drop and Mop Flip Flop!

No comments: