Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Big Reveal

Well, after hours and hours of hard labor and elbow grease, our living room is 99% done. The only thing left is to build the doors for the bottom of the built-in. (And possibly build an ottoman, but that's later.) I took pics, but for some reason had a hard time getting a good angle on the room, so try to imagine the missing pieces.

(And overlook the children's books, sewing machine, side table and Alice in Wonderland on the TV...)
Mantle Before:
Mantle After:
Built-in Before:
Built-in After:
Accent Wall and Couch, etc.:

So, we are super happy that things turned out 'cozy'. That was our goal and I think we accomplished it. We're enjoying just putting our feet up and relaxing at night now instead of sanding, painting, etc. It's been a long journey, but it was worth it! Now, excuse me while I go finish the rest of this Macgyver rerun with Hubs and my in-laws.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Seasons Greetings!




5 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! I love everything!!!

Rachel said...

Looks terrific! You guys did a great job;).

JoyFry said...

Amy, this looks fantastic!!! I love the dark brown accent wall!! You both deserve a break after all that hard work!

Ice-Family said...

Looks awesome!!! Way to go!! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful, cozy space.