Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas....

everywhere but here! We are still in the thick of remodeling two-thirds of our downstairs and very much behind schedule. Our goal was to have it all done by Thanksgiving, but thanks to some unforeseen circumstances like stomach virus and then kidney stones, we just couldn't pull it off. So, our new goal is to have it all done by the middle of next week. Keep your fingers crossed, say some prayers (I'm saying mine!) and Lord willing our living room, kitchen and hallway along with all the crown moulding, baseboards and new window/door trim will be painted and look very fresh and clean. Then, our new couch will be delivered and then we can put up our Christmas tree....finally!!! Hubs' parents are coming in on the 14th from California for a week, so we want it all D-O-N-E by that time. I'm excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, if I don't blog for the next few days it's only because I'm high on paint fumes, trying to finish last-minute Christmas gifts and sewing all new stockings for our family, not to mention - dusting every square inch of the house thanks to all the sheetrock dust.

And if you happen to catch a glimpse of my right bicep - No, I have not been working out with only my one arm and I am not taking up body building - I've just been sanding like a mad-woman and I happen to only be able to do that with my right arm which feels like it could fall off at the moment.

So, anyway, to end this post I give you a pic of my mantel. Instead of garland and stockings and all things Christmas, my mantel is decked with power sanders and painter's tape. Their days are numbered......

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hilarious picture. All you need is a little silver spray paint & even those tools can look festive. :)