Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's been a busy week! We had a very nice week-long visit with my in-laws who came all the way from the West Coast to the East Coast to see their grandchildren (and us). It was a great time of fellowship and fun. Since they left, I've been busy cleaning, baking and wrapping.

Wrapping with a 'W'. The other kind of rapping I dare say I could not do even if I had tried.

(And I HAVEN'T tried. Thankyouverymuch.)

I am officially done preparing for Christmas and am very excited now to spend a few days with my side of the family.

Christmas has come so fast this year. Probably because we spent the Fall months preparing and redecorating our living room finishing only just in time for my in-laws to come. So, to help me get in the Christmas spirit, Hubs and I are watching 'Miracle on 34th Street' - aka. the best Christmas movie ever!!

Although Santa is a lot of fun and we enjoy the Santa part of Christmas, we celebrate the real reason for Christmas - Jesus Christ. The greatest gift ever given was Jesus's gift to all mankind. It's free to anyone who will believe on Him. If you haven't received that gift, I pray that you won't wait another minute. He will change your life and give you peace. If I can answer any questions you have about God's free gift of eternal life, please contact me. I would love to introduce you to Him.

Speaking of Jesus, the girls and I read the Christmas story together yesterday and while I read, I asked them to listen and pick out one person or thing in the story and make it with their playdoh. (A friend of mine has a contest with her family every year of who can make the best nativity scene with cans of playdoh. Awesome idea!) The girls absolutely loved this and it made them really listen. I asked questions afterward and they were able to answer them. It was a lot of fun.

Well, hope you all have an extraordinary Christ-filled Christmas! God bless you!

No comments: