Friday, January 22, 2010

Ahhhh....Saturdays

I love Saturdays.

My three chickadees let us sleep in on Saturdays - usually til 8:30 or so. And now that I've said that, it won't happen tomorrow.

Hubs likes to make breakfast on Saturdays. Although, by the time it's done it's usually brunch and it takes til lunchtime to clean it all up. But, it's the one day of the week that we usually don't have to be somewhere.

Hubs lets me go out by myself on Saturdays....with no kids. All by my lonesome. It's refreshing. I can do whatever I want to do and take my time. It's such a luxury. I love it. The solitude. Nothing prohibits me from going wherever I want to go. I mainly window shop or go where I really need to go and get what I really need to get, but it's okay. I'm alone. And it is the only time during the entire week I get to be alone. It usually only lasts a couple of hours, though, and then I wonder what my fam is doing without me. So, I come back home to find everyone still in their jammies, but the kitchen will be sparkling clean. I love that.

I'm very much looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. So happy about that.

What do you on Saturdays?

2 comments:

Kristina (Pretty, Shiny, Sparkly) said...

that sounds so pleasant!!

Julie said...

Ahh...that beautiful place called "Alone". It's a fun place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. :)