Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Blessings of an Ordinary Day

Today I choose to be thankful for ordinary days. You know, the days that all I have to do is conquer a mountain of laundry, clean bathrooms, wipe up spills, change diapers, feed 'starving' children, plan the week's worth of meals, get groceries with at least 2 kids in tow, etc. Days that my kids want me to stop what I'm doing and read to them or play games with them when I have a to-do list a mile long. Days that I seem to be wearing my referee shirt all day and my sanity is at a record low. I'll remember to be thankful that 'no news' is good news! And I'll thank the Lord for getting us through the day with few boo boos (I hope!). I will remember to thank Him for my health and do what I can to take care of myself and my family's health. Ordinary days are a real blessing. Sometimes I forget that. But not today.
I'm thankful that I get to take care of this cute thing everyday...

And cuddle with this sweet thing...


And have a sweet conversation with this ever-changing thing...
And welcome this great man home every night...

I am very blessed. Way more than I deserve.