Monday, January 4, 2010

Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado



When I picked up this book, I knew that it was geared toward teenage girls, but since I have three girls myself I thought it would be interesting. I was pleased to read some good advice with references to the Bible although it takes a few chapters to get to that. Teen girls would enjoy the 'big sister' feel of this book written by Jenna Lucado, daughter of well-known Max Lucado. Jenna points out the way 'the world' views beauty versus 'inner beauty' and what God sees when He sees you. Uplifting and points girls toward the focus of real beauty.


I was pleased with this book and will most likely pass it on to my pre-teen niece since my girls are still young. I like for 'advice' books to be backed with Scripture and wasn't sure this one was going to be that way until about the 5th chapter. So, I was glad to finally see references to the Bible. It is a book that teen girls will read through quickly. I believe it will appeal to them and keep their attention. It is written on the topics that surround teen girls.


Good book!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looking forward to seeing this!