Monday, February 8, 2010

I love...

... my DVR. Whatever that stands for. I just know that it records shows/movies for me that I don't have time to watch while they are on TV. And I love that. What a great invention...if you're into watching shows/movies. I can record every Dr. Oz show and then go through them later and decide which segments to watch or delete. (Can I get an Amen?) I don't know what I did before DVR came into my life. Oh wait - I do remember....we would race home from church on Sunday nights, get the kids in bed in record time and throw the pizza in the oven just in time to watch The Amazing Race. Yes, we did. And sometimes, if we were lucky, afternoon football would throw the entire CBS lineup off and the Race wouldn't start til our own little race (getting home, throwing kids in bed, pizza in oven....etc.) was over. Yes, I love my DVR. Only I have to admit that I am spoiled now. It is hard to watch anything without being able to fast forward through commercials. I think everyone should have a DVR. It has changed my TV viewing habits for the better.

What's on my DVR right now, you ask? Oh, you don't want to know. But I'll tell you anyway...

Dr. Oz (of course)

Pixar Short Films (I love Pixar films)

Chicken Little (We've only watched it a few hundred times)

Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure (Super Cute)

Tinkerbell

The Princess Bride

The Incredibles - (there seems to be a pattern here. Who is the DVR for anyway??)

Oh yes, and Little Women. There is always a chick flick DVR'd, especially for nights when Hubs has to work late or is at a meeting or those rare days that all three chickadees are napping and I actually have time to watch 'my' movies.

What's on your DVR?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I just DVR'd a marathon of Divine Design. Can't wait to watch it!

davecross said...

I'm a professional DVR'er. In fact I dont watch ANYTHING in real time anymore, excpet maybe sports. Here are some random facts. If it's an hour long show, wait till 17 minutes into the show and start playing it. At that point you will end when the show ends on time and miss all the commercials. I know. I'm crazy.