Monday, March 15, 2010

$2.88 Worth of Motivation...

I've been pondering Spring Cleaning now for a few weeks and was almost ready to start it when the sickness hit. So, since then all I could do besides sanitize every imaginable surface and wash load after load of laundry was think about easy ways to spring clean. Then, I remembered my favorite, most informational and not-to-overwhelming website Real Simple. I became very familiar with this website last year and made this wonderfully organized notebook for myself that I actually used for several months (until it got lost in my unorganized mess of a cabinet). I bought a pink notebook because pink is such a happy color. Then, I used some dividers that I already had in another notebook (not quite as cute) from when I had attempted to be organized before - but that was pre-Real Simple, mind you. So, then, I printed off many organizational sheets from Real Simple for cleaning, laundering, filing paperwork, meal planning, etc. and I just love it. It works for me. So, I was super happy to find my notebook and start again my journey to re-organize my house and life now that the sun is shining.

The front/back of my notebook has The Elements of Clean cleaning schedule that shows what to clean weekly/monthly/3-6 months/6-12 months/once a year. Lovely.

And I just like looking at my notebook. Don't get me wrong. I love a clean house. But I loathe cleaning toilets and getting down to the knitty gritty. However, I realize the necessity, especially after all this sickness. It just seemed that I needed an extra ounce of motivation and today in Walmart (aka The Walmarts) I found it. Well, Middle Girl found it.
I'm up to my elbows in dirt and muck now and I am enjoying it. Bubble gum pink with flowers makes cleaning so much more fun.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those are so cute! Stinkin' Walmart--always doing something to make you have to go back!