Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fab*u*lous

I love the word fabulous. It's an adjective. I always liked diagramming sentences in Grammar class in high school and the adjectives were my favorite words. But that's beside the point. Today my day was fabulous. It's my birthday!!! It started by hearing my children downstairs planning who was going to give me my card and who was going to give me my gift. They were unusally quiet, too (which was kinda nice at 7 am). So, when I came downstairs I pretended I had no idea what was going on. They immediately commenced singing "Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo (to which I whole-heartedly agree), you smell like a monkey (thanks a lot!) and you look like one, too."(Kids are so blunt.) Then, Firstborn gave me my card and Middle Girl gave me a hydrangea bush. I love hydrangeas, so it was perfect! My card yelled 'Hurray! Hurray!' at me and lit up with tiny lights all over the inside. The girls were so proud of it and I thought it was cute. Firstborn had to let me know that it was an expensive card. She's all about discerning what is cheap and what is expensive...cracks me up. Then, my great brother-in-law texted me Happy Birthday followed by my brother a little later. My daddy called me on his way to the church and that made my day. It was so good to talk to him first thing this morning. My mom called next and then my sister. So, by 10am I had spoken to my whole fam. It was a great start to the day. Moments later, my sweet, always-encouraging friend texted me that she was bringing lunch over and I was so excited! It was such a nice surprise and good to have fellowship with her. I wish I had taken her pic for this blog, but I forgot. (Sorry, Dayna. Guess you're off the hook this time.) Just minutes after she left, another very dear friend called me to tell me her baby had just been born....on my birthday!!! Tell me what friend would ever do that for you? She's awesome. A true friend....not just because she birthed her third child on my day...she's true everyday. She wanted to make sure my day was going well and wanted to talk about me when this day is really her BIG day! I was able to go visit her tonight and meet this tiny little bundle of absolute sweetness. I really wanted to bring her home with me. Here she is...
After talking with my friend, I baked my birthday cake with my Middle Girl. She helped. It is free of peanuts, milk and eggs because of MG's allergies, but it tastes delicious! MG had fun helping me and licking the beaters. YUM. Shortly after said cake was done, we left and went to pick up Firstborn from school and checked the mail on the way - there was a sweet birthday card from my grandmother and a gift for my baby whose 2nd birthday is next week. That was a nice surprise. We got home from picking up FB and decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood because God made this day absolutely gorgeous just for my birthday and we just HAD to go for a walk. It was lovely. Afterward, we played outside and the baby got filthy dirty so I had to bathe her before we could eat dinner (which was leftovers because it's church night and we didn't want to be late). Things went well all day for me. It was a FABULOUS day!!

Oh, and yesterday, I got this fabulous gift in the mail from my fabulous sister. Isn't if fabulous? I have worn it two days in a row now and might just wear it everyday for the rest of my life. That's how fabulous it is to me.

And now I am going to go have some fabulous sleep. Now that I'm older, I really need my sleep. Good night.

12 comments:

Ben and April said...

That does sound like a fabulous day!!!

burlap+blue said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, that necklace is gorgeous!!

Patti said...

Love the gift from your sister...but really love that friend's new baby!! happy Birthday (hopping over from your sister's blog!) Stop over at Pandora's Box to enter a giveaway - if you are the lucky one chosen, it could be a elated b-day gift!! patti

dleahy23 said...

Happy Birthday! I'm stopping by from your sisters blog. It sounds like you really did have a Fabulous day! I love that necklace... just beautiful <3 Donna

Ice-Family said...

Glad you had such a fabulous day!! and glad I was able to be a part of that fabulous day!! :) I love that necklace too!! The words on the back make it so much more special!! Happy Birthday!

JoyFry said...

how fun!! I love how kids make birthdays so exciting and special! glad your day was so perfect, and I LOVE the necklace! Miss you, girl! Love, Joy

TheNormanFive said...

Happy B Day Amy... Erin

Beth said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday! Here from your sister's blog. Looking forward to checking out your blog!
reading44654@yahoo.com

Jennifer said...

Popping in from your sister's blog to wish you a big (belated) Happy Birthday! Sounds like you were truly blessed with a wonderful day. Such a special and loving family you have!! I'm glad to hear it was SO fabulous! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

jen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Stopping by from your sis's blog...That baby is THE cutest..I love those hats
Jen @ pineyflatsstyle.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! What wonderful children you have! Your friend is great waiting to have her baby on your day! It can't get any better than that what a true friend you have. I'm visiting from your sister's blog!

Kate said...

Happy birthday...and many, many more! That necklace is just beautiful...