Thursday, April 1, 2010

When He Was On the Cross...

I was on His mind. Tomorrow we remember the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. I was going to write some thoughts on it, but just read my brother's blog and couldn't have said it any better myself. You can read it here.
I'm humbled, indescribably thankful and even somewhat emotional as I think about the debt Christ paid for me on the Cross. He willingly gave His life for a wretch like me. No one took His life - He gave it willingly so that I might have life and have a more abundant life! Undeserving as I am, I cannot even fully process that. I just know that I love Him for it. And I have a renewed passion to tell everyone I know about His love for them.
Thinking of my Saviour's death on the Cross and the blame that was placed upon Him makes me imagine just how sad that day was for those who loved Him. But, the excitement and anticipation of what was to come on that 3rd day - what Mary experienced when she ran to the tomb and saw it was empty and she knew He was ALIVE - was undoubtedly the best day history ever recorded!
Death, where is thy sting? Grave, where is thy victory? Hell has been defeated! The grave could not hold The King!

No comments: