Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Butterflies and Zinnias

So, I grew zinnias from the ground up this year. I was expecting them to be the short, cute, fat ones when I planted the seeds, but they kept growing and growing and growing. They are about 4 feet tall now. And that doesn't include the pots they are in. It's quite funny. But I love them. My zinnias. They have about 25-30 blooms at all times and at least 5 butterflies and a few bees, as well. I love cutting my zinnias to put in my bud vases in my kitchen window. Zinnias are a happy flower. I even saw a gorgeous yellow finch enjoying my zinnias the other day. And for a split second, a hummingbird came to visit. He left too quickly for me to get a picture, but I did take one of a beautiful butterfly....

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! Mine are super tall this year, too! Love 'em

Julie said...

Oh, & I love the blog makeover. I'm thinking about doing mine soon.