Tuesday, November 23, 2010

$5 Makeover

I've been looking awhile for a nice, big, decorative frame to make a chalkboard out of for my kitchen. Multiple trips to Goodwill produced no good results, so a couple weeks ago I hit a couple of other thrift stores in search of frames. I almost missed out on the best frame ever because of a hideous string art that it housed, but thankfully I was able to look past that and notice the 75% off pink tag. When I saw that it was $5 I took a pic and texted my sister to see if she thought it would be a good chalkboard frame - even though my mind was pretty much made up. She agreed. I didn't even have to paint the frame. I like it just the way it is...for now.

Here's the BEFORE:
And AFTER:
I love it. I can't decide if I love the chalkboard or the bistro chalk markers more. I'm addicted. Be on the lookout for more chalkboard projects. I love that stuff.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That frame was M.F.Y.S.! Love the "Thanksliving". I almost thought you had misspelled it at first.