Monday, January 10, 2011

Got Bread?


The Winter Storm of 2011 has hit here in South Carolina. I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first. The skepticism might have something to do with the fact that 'continuous live coverage of the Winter Storm' began 2 days before any sign of the storm. Hubs went to the Walmarts on Saturday (I don't go there on Saturdays - that's my rule) to get some groceries and stuff {just in case} and he said the bread aisle was EMPTY. I wonder what prompts people to buy mass amounts of bread when a storm approaches? Do they live on PB&J? Are they just eating the bread and drinking milk? I mean, there are other food items that can be prepared - even if there was a power outage! This bread thing is a mystery to me. Thankfully, I had bought bread earlier in the week and am all set in case we find out we can only eat PB&J until the snow melts. But I am here to tell you, that when I woke up at 7am and saw the snow, it was exciting! We woke up to 3 or so inches and now (10am) we have 7 inches! The forecast is for 9-12 inches here in the Upstate and I am sure that will have to be some kind of record for this southern state! The little one woke up not long after me and Hubs told her to look out the window and she was SO funny and cute! She just couldn't believe her eyes. She was jumping up and down and telling me to 'come here!' I love seeing the snow through her eyes. It makes me forget about the fact that the town has shut down, the kids will most likely be out of school most of the week and cabin fever will set in. But today, I am going to love seeing my children play in the most snow they've ever seen, make hot chocolate for my frozen children who won't be able to feel their toes after playing in the snow, and take pictures for us to remember how fun it was 'that year we had all that snow!' And I am ever so grateful that Hubs got to stay home today with us to enjoy the snow with us! It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hee hee. Cute post. Y'all have fun.

cyndi said...

we are in central alabama so we see snow even less than you do (i guess) and i know what you mean! we didn't get any snow here :( but we got enough ice that the kids were out of school on Monday and are going in 2 hours late (???) today and tomorrow. I wish we'd gotten some snow to play in; collecting icicles is only so much fun !