Monday, March 21, 2011

Book Review: "Read and Share Stories About Jesus"


Written by: Gwen Ellis and Illustrated by: Steve Smallman


This is a board book with a collection of 13 stories about Jesus's life with cute illustrations that tell the story very well.

Pros:

I loved that this book is sturdy and perfect for my 2 year old to hold on her own. My 5 year old also likes this book. I like the questions at the bottom of each page that provoke the child to think about what they just heard in the story.

Cons:

One of the first questions is about baptism and it wasn't completely clear in the book (with a child in mind) that baptism is NOT what gets you to Heaven. I haven't read the other Read and Share books, so I do not know if this is covered in a previous book. I wish the book was clear on salvation before it talked about baptism. Although, it could have been covered in a previous book in this series.

Other than that, I would recommend this to a friend.

No comments: