So, Hubs came home last night and after dinner decided to check out my sewing machine. He is awesome at trouble-shooting and can fix anything, but this had him stumped. Frustrated, even. We had out the manual (that I bought last time this happened since I couldn't find my real one) on the computer, the machine was opened up and taken apart. Let's just say I'd rather not relive last night. Even if that means buying a new sewing machine. It was ugly. A couple hours worth of hating the sewing machine. Somehow, it righted itself and began to work. Was it worth it? Read on. So, today I reluctantly went back to the sewing machine to see if I could finish my project and lo, and behold, it worked. I was able to finish the entire project and as soon as I finished my last stitch, the bobbin ran out again. If you read yesterday's post, you know what that means. Here we go again. So, I promptly put my stuff away and walked away. I will not look at it again today. I might even pack it up and completely put it all away again to sit for months and months. I'm not sure. But anyway, this is what I was working on:
I have altered the sleeves since this pic was taken. The shoulders are thinner now and it fits her much better! (See pic below)
I love it! It turned out better than I expected. It even fits my girl pretty well. I surprised myself. But this is where I got the idea and instructions. You should check out her website. Very cute, creative tutorials. If you're into sewing or crafting. This dress caught my eye and I already had the fabric to use so I did it. Really it should only take about an hour start to finish, unless you have sewing machine issues.