Monday, April 11, 2011

Stifled Creativity

Ok, so I finally {after months and months of feeling absolutely no creativity whatsoever} I decided today to dust off the old sewing machine. I pulled it out from under the desk where it's been sitting for a very long time, and took it to the dining room after I had rummaged through the linen closet for the fabric I was looking for. I got it all set up and cut out my fabric. I mean I was ready to sew, people. I turned on the machine, threaded it and {while holding my breath} began to stitch. You see, this machine has the ability to frustrate me half.to.death. Sometimes is works great and then as soon as I run out of bobbin thread, it is completely and utterly useless. The thread gets all jammed up under the presser foot and for hours it {and I} acts ridiculous trying to get the thing to work right again....right in the middle of my project {that should only take half an hour to complete}. The last time it did this, I spent hours trying to figure it out. I was angry. And then, Hubs convinced me to let him look at it {he is a mechanic afterall...not on sewing machines - but planes}. He fixed it in 5 minutes. I was grateful and mad at the same time. So, this time I decided it was not going to get the best of me. I would not get angry no matter what. Well, I can say that now 3 hours later, it is still broken. I'm about ready to drop-kick it over the fence out back. So, I texted Hubs and told him so. He texted back that he will look at it when he gets home. Meanwhile, I am browsing craigslist for a new machine. I'm sick of being treated this way by my old machine. It's only 10 years old, what's it's problem?? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm only laughing because this isn't happening to me at the moment.